Monday, August 4, 2014

Starting To Turn

Late summer into the beginning of fall is the tall flower meadow's peak season of bloom. I eagerly anticipate the coming extravaganza.





















It comes with the sadness of being the last hurrah of the season, but it does last a good two months before autumn steals the show.





















Joe Pye and Boneset are starting things off. Goldenrod, asters of all kinds, ironweed and a host of others are beginning to bud out. The grasses will soon start to bloom.





















Mid-summer flowers will linger a bit. They are only now reaching peak bloom.





















I don't recall planting any Black-Eyed Susan down here. As much as they have already spread and crossed the paths, I am definitely not responsible for most of them. Where will they go next?





















I haven't had much energy for serious editing since the garden tour. Working six days a week leaves me some what unenthusiastic for such matters. I'm doing good just to keep the paths mowed.

The garden doesn't care. So I can pretty much let it be what it wants to be for the rest of the year. It will be this year's garden. Serious editing will resume some other time and next year's garden will come from there.

Things are changing slow and steady. The aim is always more. More color, more texture, more interest. I plant. I edit. I putter. There is no hurry. I am here for the duration.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Not sure but suspect we will have an early Fall. Your flowers sure are pretty.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Iron weed is blooming here already. it seems like this summer has gone by fast. Maybe because of the pleasant weather. Your garden looks so lush and beautiful with all the color.

Danna said...

I always like seeing Iron weed blooming next to Golden rod in the late summer. The purple and yellow combinations are striking together.
Thanks again for the link to Green brier aka: Smilax rotundifolia...a nefarious pest vine with thorns!