Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Just A Spit

Rain, fog, drizzle and mist at 36 and I am wondering how can such a tiny little house contain so much filth? I was forced to clean it today, primarily to find out what Button did with the mouse he snuck under my bed at 6:30 this morning when I wasn't awake enough to resist.

It was scary under there. I live in a cat cave. Button is feeling better at least.





















I had plans to do chores in the garden since I am goofing off a bit from work, but that didn't seem wise under the conditions. Maybe there will be some better days later in the week. I have quite a few chores that need doing around here while the work lull lasts.

I did manage a short excursion and discovered the first snowdrop has come up. Snowdrops are fine at this time of year. I expect them to start coming up now. I wanted to make sure none of the other bulbs were getting any ideas like the ones at the Posh Estates. A blast of real cold would help.



























When the fog finally lifted just slightly above the tree tops, little spits of snow began to fall. There is no snow in the diagnosis so I am not expecting anything.

There really is a garden under there, until it gets buried by snow or the Lush again. My efforts at winter interest are starting to pay off. I am quite enjoying how the under garden is shaping up.

It's a shame I don't enjoy clean laundry nearly as much.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Clean laundry...hahahahaha... Who wants to deal with THAT? I can attest that if you have pets indoors you can't escape the fur and debris that accumulates even right after you put away the vacuum...it is still there. I can think of worse things. I love the colors in your garden. They really pop with the blank background. The garden is indeed emerging.

Christopher C. NC said...

Folding laundry is the worst part. The colors in the under garden are great. That is what makes it really pop in all the grey and brown of the barren time. I just need more.