Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It Is Done

Twin Falls Pond at The Inn at Tranquility Farm is complete. It is flowing non-stop.





















There is no getting away from the slight air of a hideous pile of rocks that it possesses. I did my best within the parameters I had to work with and the rocks on hand. Greenery will soften it up.





















It is now a fully functioning fish pond with skimmers and filters. Before it just recirculated dirty water and made noise. The sound is much more melodic and soothing with the new falls.





















I think I'll go fishing on Friday at the koi pond and steal me some water poppy while I'm at it. Twin Falls Pond is ready to come to life.





















It even has a bridge. It is only for the use of authorized pond scum technicians though.





















After a long day of pond building there is still time for a walk through the ridge top garden. Anemones bloom in the sunny utility meadow. I need to remember to transfer some of these.






















This is a patch of ramps. Undisturbed, ramps are rather prolific.





















There has been an explosion of the Chionodoxa in the last three years. Bulbarella probably only planted two or three sacks of them altogether. Now look what they have done.





















The pale blue Puschkinia are doing the same. And that pink flower is a Corydalis. It has started to spread with some enthusiasm too.





















The daffodils? There are a few still standing after the crushing snow. We have to wait for the next round to come into bloom.



























She keeps trying for tulips. These actually came back from last year I think. For a tulip that is near miraculous.





















The fancy pink Trout Lilies are blooming too. There is definitely a minor bulb show happening in the ridge top garden.


7 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am in awe of all of your bulbs. Bulberella should live close to me.

Sallysmom said...

I tried species tulips but not a sign. I thought it was too hot here but I was told to give them a try by a horticulturist. Oh, well. BTW, when is a good time to move the anemone? My purple have done pretty good so would like to move some over by the white.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa, Bulbarella is a wonder. She gets a little giddy when we go look at her bulbs.

Sallysmom, species tulips are still tasty varmint food even though they are supposed to naturalize more easily. The anemone are fall planted tiny black raisin looking bulbs. It is probably best to move them right before the foliage dies back. I will have to do it sooner because I will never be able to find them in the Lush.

Lola said...

Pond looks good. So do the flower.

Sallysmom said...

Have to update. I saw a little bright yellow something and walked over to see and there it was. 1 tulip. I don't remember ordering yellow and I didn't know they were so short. I shouldn't complain. At least it wasn't a total waste of money.

beverly said...

Congratulations to the water meister.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola that pond area is getting tidied up and looking quite good.

Glad you found a tulip Sallysmom. Yes the species tulips are rather petite.

Thanks Bev. Today the pond got baby fishes and some pond plants.