Saturday, August 29, 2015

The Interactive Visible Art Piece

I don't always know exactly what is going to happen in the garden. The best way to find out many times is to just do it. If it's not set in concrete it won't be hard to undo. If it is in concrete, and a concrete notion has been running through my head for years, then it will just be a little harder to undo.





















I brought home a dingy grey, tiled table top, spray painted it gold and planted it in the garden. I liked it. On its very first morning in the garden the sun began to play with it.





















I had no idea this would happen when I decided where to place it. I like it. This will change with the seasons of course. That is all part of the charm. What will it do the rest of the year?




















I never know exactly what is going to happen in the wild cultivated gardens. There are too many variables and too many things that like to wander about.





















The only semblance of control I maintain are the mowed paths and open space. Even there I don't get to decide what covers the ground and how wide they will be over the course of the time of vegetation. The vegetation has a mind of its own.





















I lurk in there absorbing clues. Can I, should I, attempt to push this item in another trajectory. I can only push.





















My partner in this dance has to be willing to bend towards a new flow.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Such an exciting time in your garden. It is nice that you chose a spot for the golden round to glow in the sun.

Lola said...

I like the way the sun played with your yard art. We can only suggest which way our pretties go.