Friday, August 12, 2016

A Walk In A Civilized Garden

The gardens at the Inn at Tranquility Farm are sort of finishing their second full year of growth.





















I say sort of because the planting and replanting has been ongoing due to a considerable amount of construction work. I planted some new shrubberies just this week.





















It was not uncommon for me to plant a new area and have a trench dug through it shortly after. Construction in general is a destructive event for a garden.





















I have a lot of practice and experience fortunately. It is my job to make it pretty when the construction worker dudes are done and I know for a fact it will always grow back. Or if need be, it can be replanted.





















There were a few casualties along the way.





















You wouldn't know it by looking at the gardens today.




















The construction has ended for now. I will not be surprised if some new project comes up though. For now, the baby shrubberies that constitute the bone structure of the garden will have a chance to grow undisturbed. They get a little lost in the flowery abundance of summer while they are still on the small side.





















Twin Falls Pond is doing well. The fishes are getting big.





















The greenery is getting more substantial to help soften all the rock.





















I never expected to be a pond maker. I will say I love watching the fish. It is so relaxing. They even make babies. I will not be doing this at home though. A living fish pond needs more attention than a swimming pool to keep the water clean. I have plenty chores already.





















I come home to the wild side
Where the colored blooms go
"Doo do doo do doo do do doo..."


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is fun seeing how the new garden has come along. It is filling in quite nice. I love that pond too. I wish I had the guts to dig a big hole and fill it in. The darned critters around here would eat the fish I am afraid. They did in my tiny water feature. I guess I will have to admire these ponds with their fish from afar.

Christopher C. NC said...

Varmints eating the fish is one more reason I don't want to deal with a pond Lisa. Making it deep and adding rocks in the water where the fish can hide helps. There have been bullfrogs in all the ponds and they will eat anything that fits in their mouth. One pond attracted a snapping turtle.