Monday, August 8, 2016

Still Standing

This has been the absolute driest flash flood watch. We got a dash of spit and much later a minute and a half of semi hard rain. The watch is over at midnight. I suspect we will get some actual rain tomorrow when we return to our regularly scheduled forecast.





















Water did fall elsewhere. The radar showed water all around us. The river was up and muddy. I'm sure someone's creek did rise. I'm just happy the Tall Flower Meadow is still standing.





















The butterflies have arrived to dance above Joe Pye. That works better and looks better when it is still standing.




















Last year the meadow was squashed just as it was about to hit peak bloom. I was not happy. It never really recovered. It needs to be upright and perky for maximum bloom impact.





















The white Boneset and yellow Goldenrod are starting to join in. The asters come later.





















I will do another mowing of the paths and Great Lawn before the year is over. I am considering an open garden day if things don't get squashed. That would have to be planned for before or after the pre and stroll days of the West Asheville Garden Stroll. I'll have to see how the meadow blooms in the next two weeks.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The meadow looks lovely with all the color right now.