Friday, January 3, 2020

In A Warm Winter Garden

It's going to turn to snow and ice tomorrow. As it should. It has been a touch on the warm side for this time of year. Cold and wet and icky, but warmish.


















For all practical purposes, the gardens I tend have been put to sleep for the winter. I will have the time to tend to other things, or not, as slop and sloth permits.




















In winter




















Through snow and ice





















Is the new beginning of the gardening season




















In the wild cultivated gardens.




















The Witch Hazels are wanting to bloom.




















Solly kitty has been to the vet for her childhood immunizations. If it turns cold, cold, she may have to come inside. The other three spoiled beasts can sense it coming. There's a new kid on the block. A hissing fit won't help.




















I should make a nice list of possibilities to guide my sloth. Procrastination works better with a good list.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I have some snowdrops showing their tips but not as big as yours. My Witch hazels have some buds but not anything showing. Like your area ours is to get might cold but it doesn't look like it will last long at this time. All we can do is wait to see what happens.

Christopher C. NC said...

I went for a look and all the 'Diane' and 'Jelena' witch hazels are opening bloom. This short cold slap won't stop them and I saw 60 for a high (at least down there) by next Friday.