Sunday, August 30, 2020

Unidentified Flying Varmints

The critter cam is still set for the creatures of the night. I know what I see in daylight. I want to know what's out there when I am asleep.














There are the usual suspects. Deer.













Raccoons plural. I was hoping for bigger game.













Then the camera captured something completely unexpected. Flight.














Follow the white blur.













What is it? Bats are a good choice.














But I don't think this is a bat.














I am not alone out here.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Could it be a large moth? You definitely not alone.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa there are quite a few possibilities, bat, big moth, katydid, flying squirrel, owl, even plain old bird flushed out in the night.