Sunday, January 24, 2021

Popping Up Snowdrops

They are persistent no matter how winter the weathers.














The snow is just not wanting to give up. But there is some warm rain coming. It may get melted before it turns back to snow.














All this snow and cold has slowed things down. Including me.














This time last year 'Jelena' was in full bloom. This year 'Jelena' is still in the contemplation phase.














And that could mean all three Witch Hazels, Jelena, Diane and Arnold could be blooming at once. I can handle that.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Galanthus are amazing plants. I need to get out and see what mine are doing now. They were peeking out the last time I looked. My Witch Hazel isn't doing much yet.

Gypsy said...

Hi Christopher: Slowing down is not necessarily a bad thing. Maybe it suggests we should take a deep breath and, . . . ah, hmmm, I don't do well with slowing down, so what the heck am I talking about. Emerging Hellebore buds, inch high tips of Daffodils but still a lot of brown and grey. Warm regards from the Piedmont area of N. Carolina, Gypsy