Monday, December 1, 2008

Really

I only went down there to sweep the snow off the porch. There was a light dusting and the sun was shining as much as it was snowing. The stuff was melting faster than it was falling. The wind wasn't blowing hard. It wasn't so bad.

I'll just cut one of the stringers for the steps to see if it works. Looks good!



It's still not really snowing. I'll cut the other stringer. Might as well cut the two treads. I can put the metal brackets on for the treads and put this together inside. Steps are done. Let's see if it fits. Lovely!

It is starting to snow a bit more, but I bet I can get the posts on. I only have to drill two holes and put in the three inch lag screws. That's done.

Now it is really snowing, coming down thick. I can finish the railings some other time.

10 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

That's it Christopher. Just ignore that nagging wind and git er done. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher, yes, way to ignore the elements until they hit you over the head. Those steps really make it look like a home, and the posts too.
Frances

Christopher C. NC said...

Well, ya know... a bunch of the jobs I have applied for say you must be able to work in all types of weather. I am in training.

Anonymous said...

A man possessed. Course if you didn't do it, would you then be obsessed?

Anonymous said...

I'm suppose to go to Blowing Rock tomorrow. I better check the weather! Your home looks grand! I love watching the progress and of course, I love that you are building it yourself.

Anonymous said...

Hi Christopher! I bet that first step is now lost in the snow. Can't believe you got it completed in all that bad weather. I have a feeling this winter is going to set some records for snow and cold temperatures! What is it they say about the "whooley bears" up there and predicting the winter weather?

Weeping Sore said...

I NEVER talk to myself like that when I'm outside. Well, maybe a little, sometimes. Ok, a lot.
But I don't do it in the snow for goodness sakes. What would your mother say?

Anonymous said...

You are indeed a driven man. Ask us for references if they need any!

bev

Anonymous said...

It really is coming along and looking good!

Christopher C. NC said...

Jim, I am afraid that may be an accurate description.

Hi Anna, thanks for saying hello.

Siria, the winter prognostication for this year was more snow and cold, a more normal winter, unlike the past warm ones.

Hi Weeping. Nobody can hear me. It's ok.

Thanks Bev and Kim. Now that the trees are bare, the rubber neckers up on the highway really slow down. Some even stop and look.