Tuesday, September 29, 2009

No Paint

Climb up there on that scaffolding and paint the corners and do a second coat.

No you climb up there. It's too cold and windy.

Just climb up there and paint. It's on the sunny side of the cabin.

I don't care what side it is on. The wind is still blowing and it isn't even fifty degrees. It's to dern cold.

Fine then. Do something else.



Like putting all the posts on the service entrance stairs kept me warm. It was still too cold and windy, but at least I was on the ground and not shivering fifteen feet in the air. The grand high temperature for the day was 53. I had to go stand in the sun every so often to warm myself like some reptile.



The diagnosed low for tomorrow is now 39, lower than this morning's low of 41.9. And the wind was still blowing for the third day.



The salmon pink sheffie mums are getting busy cause they know their days are numbered.

There is more Cataloochee coming up after I go through all the photos. I must say I picked the perfect day to go spend in the bottom of a valley out of the roaring chill wind.

5 comments:

Lola said...

It's coming along. Sorry for the cold wind. Trees seem to still be too green for that low temp. Strange things happen without notice.
Flowers look marvelous.
Do be careful.

Anonymous said...

You made the right decision. Cold and wind alter one's concentration in a dangerous position. There will be Indian summer days to get it done. Love your flower photos, as usual.

bev

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is chilly and windy here too. It is a good thing you have something on the ground to do. I would hate to hear that you were making like a kite off of the scaffolding.

Siria said...

The stairs to your patio under the cozy cabin look great! Glad you didn't try to climb the scaffolding and paint on such a windy and cold day. Warmer days will follow I am sure.

Mr. McGregor's Daughter said...

Brrr! At some point it actually does become too cold to paint. According to my fence stain, it has to be applied when the temperature is above 50 degrees. I don't know if that makes you feel better, or sends you into a panic.