Thursday, February 14, 2013

Closer

Sometimes you just have to get over trying to be pretty and artistic and just fasten the posts to the floor. That is what I did knowing I had bought some pre-finished molding  to cover over the metal brackets. There is another bracket on the other side of the post. They are well secured.

The pre-finished post molding fit fine. It was even a little loose until I added the brackets. It don't fit no more. Plan C and 1/2 will be some custom fit 1 x 3 trim. That is the last little detail.

The saddest part of this whole adventure is the money that got wasted on the post redo.





















But the mini-loft library turned out great. The flip chair might be a tad too big, but I can live with it. You can see the it don't fit no more pre-finished molding on top of the shelves.

My hand made especially for me Hawaiian quilt has come out of storage. Color wise it flows beautifully. Up there it is safe from kitty claws. Damn varmints!

The wire railings are now taut.





















This is the quilt Mrs. Baker made specifically for her long time gardener when he left the island of Maui for the mountains of North Carolina. My quilt was on display in governor of Hawaii Linda Lingle's office for three months, picking up the island's mana before it was sent on to me. It is far too nice to let kitties anywhere near it. Now it has a safe place where I will be able to see it every day.

( Now that I am looking, the flower print is the backing. The real quilt is on the other side. I'll have to refold it and show you some other time.)





















I managed to get my two big winter projects done with some time to spare. More garden chores will be calling soon. Maybe. Snow and frigid are in the near diagnosis. I'll get to test out the new library while I wait for spring.



























This is just a tiny sample of what is in store.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Glad you got your post done. It all looks great. Love the quilt. Can't wait to see the other side. Yes, keep kitty claws away. Too much time went into making it. Hand made things are a treasure.

Dianne said...

Even more beautiful almost finished and with the quilt. The color on the backside of the quilt coordinates really well with everything else. Of course, the real side may do the same.

beverly said...

Wonderful stor about the quilt! As I get older those sentimental things mean more. I also like the way the posts and the library turned out - it's kind of like gardening, you can fix or cover any 'mistake', not that your fixation method was a mistake, only necessary!
Getting colder also here on the coastal plain. But spring is near.