Saturday, August 3, 2019

Almost

A loud growling animal commotion had me on the front porch screaming into the dark last night. Button was out there. My howling was so loud Sister called from next door to make sure I was ok. The growling animal commotion did stop. She came over with her gun to be sure.

Button came in ten minutes after she left cool as a cucumber and without any dings or dents.




















I haven't been for a walk in my own garden for about a week. Because. I went this morning to see if I could find any evidence of the commotion. I didn't hear enough to really tell what it could have been. Button wasn't talking.

I saw all kinds of new evidence, of pestilence and varmints, but nothing that pointed to last night's commotion. Yes they do shit in the woods and it is so time to mow the paths and the Great Lawn. I had a list of other things to do first.




















It's a real zoo out there.




















A roofing project next door to finally get a rain cover over the front door came to an abrupt halt when the extra metal roofing panels I planned to use that had been under the house for the last thirty years turned out to have a different pattern than the metal roof on the house. Doh! I had gathered everything needed and cut the panels to the length I wanted. It was going to be so easy. Not.

So I went home to mow my lawn. I almost finished, but it was near dinner time and I was running out of steam. I'll finish it tomorrow. I can't get the metal roofing I need for a front door rain cover for the house next door until Monday.




















I stopped at the Lowes after my first project of the morning for a client and picked up the siding for the shed. I think I will be hanging it vertically which is opposite the Hardie board siding of Hale Mana. This siding is supposed to be primed and painted. What color will my Naughty Bomb Shed siding be? I can ponder that for a while.

I don't think I want to paint it the same color as the cozy cabin. It is in desperate need of a new paint job and will look automatically dingy in comparison. My house really needs a new paint job now. The shed needs an interior. Bulbarella needs a new second handrail for the stairs among other things. There are three acres of wild cultivated gardens and the expanding Turnip Fields to tend. I need to retire.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I am sure you could keep busy if you retire. I highly recommend retirement.