Saturday, August 31, 2019

Before And After

I get quick little planting jobs on a fairly regular basis. A new spec house was in need of some front entry appeal for putting it on the market.



















A full landscape will be left for the buyers.




















The seller just doesn't want the first impression to be of a construction zone.




















I was asked to plant the two front beds.




















I suggested there was a fair amount of bare dirt on the lot that should at least be seeded with grass. Green is better than dirt and grass is an easy enough thing for a new home owner to convert to whatever they wish.




















The garbage was removed. A very questionable drainage situation was improved and the plants were laid out.




















I am incapable of the builder's special kind landscape. One specimen Japanese Maple for the front entry is more to my liking.




















The shrubbery is Spreading Japanese Plum Yew. The groundcover is Juniperus procumbens 'Nana'.




















Hosta is a filler.




















Slender Hinoki Cypress frame the window.




















I like my conifers and evergreens. This landscape will give front entry appeal all winter long and for however long it takes to sell. This is a low maintenance landscape meant to last that will serve any buyer quite well.

I plant gardens like this by day.




















And come home to the wilds at night.