Thursday, August 8, 2019

Angelica

The second handrail for the going upstairs to the loft bedroom was successfully and securely installed at the house next door. Next comes some spackle to fill the test nail holes in the drywall to be sure I found a stud and some paint to cover all the pencil marks. It went smoothly enough.




















I snuck in a visit with the Angelica before getting started.




















Strangely there were no comatose bumblebees parked on the sticky red heads. It was full sun hot today. They must have been waiting for some cool shade.




















The Doll's Eye are really turning.




















The Downy Skullcap, Scutellaria incana, is coming into bloom. In year two it is looking good. I am hoping it likes the Tall Flower Meadow and multiplies profusely.




















Summer time.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Angelica is so sculptural. I don't remember seeing this before. I don't remember a lot of things.

Christopher C. NC said...

I hear ya Lisa. The Angelica is a self sowing biennial that has been here as long as I have.