Sunday, March 11, 2012

What Time Is It?

Needless to say I was a little annoyed this morning when I realized I didn't know what time it was. I ended up getting a late start to doing whatever I felt like doing. How annoying is that?

This morning what I felt like doing was transplanting more sedges, Flattened Oat Grass and Blue Eyed Grass into the cabin side bed for the zen lawn. I should call it the flowering zen lawn I suppose. There are daylilies, iris, mums, fall crocus and Rose Campion along with the Blue Eyed Grass in there. The aggressive Buttercup, Ranunculus bulbosus planted itself and has been left to spread for now.

We'll see what happens. I can play with it all I want.



After that I headed next door to the ridge top garden to do a few chores. These anemones seem to be having their best year ever.



I raked out the columbine bed next to the resident gardener's house and the perimeter of the parking area, picked up sticks and raked all the paths in the ridge top garden. I unburied emerging daffodils stuck in the leaf litter as I went along.



In doing all that I discovered not only has Bulbarella crossed the lowest path that used to mark the end of the garden in her planting, she has snuck down the hill and started planting along the loop trail through the back 40. I saw daffodils coming up down there. Lord help me, the expansion continues. Enabler that I am I proceeded to clear the entire loop trail through the back 40 of all the accumulated sticks and logs. I don't want her tripping and falling back there.



It was a lovely day for chores, sunny and not too hot. The Spots lounged around while I worked until they let me know it was time for their supper.



We headed home and I was annoyed once more when it didn't get dark at the right time. I can still do things in the light. My own supper ended up being late.

4 comments:

Lola said...

More pretties to look at. You are such a thoughtful son.
Enjoyed visiting the old farm stead with son & new bride on Sat. They had antique cars & tractors. Plowing was nice to watch. May go back in April/May to see more flowers in bloom.

Christopher C. NC said...

What old farm stead is this Lola?

Barry said...

I think most gardeners would rather not have to mess with changing the clocks - at least Hawaii stays on the same time all year.

Lola said...

Dudley farm. It's nice.