Monday, October 7, 2013

Before The Fall

The low temperatures are scheduled in the low to mid 40's all week. I'm thinking that could hasten the change along.



























I looked. Last year I declared fall on October 6th. We're not there yet.





















There is only a hint of fall in the trees. I'll just have to make do with what the garden has to offer right now.



























I think I'll make it until things turn.





















Leaf peeper season has been cancelled anyway. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park and the Blue Ridge Parkway are closed. We can thank our very own freshman congressman, Mark Meadows for stabbing local businesses in the heart of their biggest money making season.





















I've already noticed an increase in traffic along the scenic byway. It could get heavier with the main attractions closed.





















Well rest assured my section of the byway is scenic and almost litter free and one day there might be the Roadside Possum Stand selling mountain crafts, potions and medicinals and we will be glad to take your leaf peeping dollars.

3 comments:

Lola said...

Looking fine & as always love the last pic.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Ha, I can just see you out there hawking wildflowers.

beverly said...

Love that sense of humor. If Congress keeps up we'll all be doing something like that.