Thursday, October 3, 2013

Is It Art?

There is something new around the corner of the service entrance.





















Is it Art?



























Does it matter?



























I was down in a client's forested side yard doing a bit of tidying after a tree toppling and came upon a twisted and rusted wire basket. I picked it up as garbage to be hauled out. I wasn't half way up the hill before an odd notion struck.





















The rusty twisted wire basket came home with me. I spray painted it Don't Hunt Here Purple and stapled it to the top of the locust trunk. It amuses me. Now I need another beat up wire basket for the other tree trunk. Maybe a mangled tomato cage would work.





















Is it art?

It amuses me. That's all that matters. I imagine it will be quite fun in the snow.



























A boring garden gathers no Objets de. Then there's this one.


6 comments:

Lola said...

That is cute. Wonder what it will look like in the snow!!!!

Christopher C. NC said...

Cute? I don't like cute. I like deep and meditative.

Sallysmom said...

A vine growing out of it would look good.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Definitely art.

Barry said...

The batered basket unpainted is just junk. Don't Hunt Here purple transforms it into art. The companion piece will emerge in due time.

Christopher C. NC said...

The battered basket got a companion today. Not sure I like it.