Tuesday, October 1, 2013

On The First Day Of October

There are still a few things in bloom.



























The first signs of fall are appearing in the forest's trees.





















I'm not sure I want this floral extravaganza to end and then have to wait a full year for it to return.





















But I have no choice. The tall flower meadow will recede back into the earth.





















To spring forth new and different next year.





















I have been planting and tossing out seed. I will do some dividing next spring. A long bout of editing will follow. Next year. Next year it could be even more bodacious.

2 comments:

Lola said...

I think it's already bodacious.

beverly said...

Well that's the thing, it's gonna get better every year! What a thing to look forward to!