Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Real Fall Colors

After a slow muted start, the vibrant colors of a real fall have finally arrive. It is a week plus later than what I would consider normal peak time for fall. Better late than not at all.




















The drive home from work today was much more enchanting. By the end of the day my trance like state isn't so conducive to pulling over for picture taking. I just want to get home. More fall on the low spot will have to do.

My Kousa dogwood survived the freeze to turn an awesome shade of red.






















Several shades of maple frame the cozy cabin.





















Real fall colors.






















A weather disturbance is scheduled for Thursday night. At this time of year they are usually packing winds.





















Will tomorrow be the last day of peak fall?

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Honestly....I think that picture with your cabin in the middle might be the picture of the year in my opinion.

It's very, VERY beautiful "outside Clyde"!

Christopher C. NC said...

Rebecca I have taken some Christmas card quality pictures of the cozy cabin the snow. Yes my little house is photogenic. I do love it.

Lola said...

It all looks so welcoming. Love the colors.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola it always feels good to come down the driveway.

beverly said...

Lovely, truly lovely. You have come a long way.