Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Snow Day #5

I never got past the front porch. There was a ferocious wind chilly roaring out there.




















Another unstoppable tsunami of cold air rolled in. It was more wind than snow.




















The books were done and tabulated to the current date in preparation for closing them out for another gardening season.




















I have been a peasant gardener for the well to do for thirty years now. That is a long time to be working solely outside.




















If you could have seen me fidgeting while punching in long columns of numbers into a calculator, my choice to spend my working life outside in the dirt makes sense.




















I have been making healthy gardens for thirty years now. That deserves a good five or six day snow nap.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Don't fret. You deserve this time off. Remember the waterfall.

Christopher C. NC said...

I visited the Almighty Falls on Snow Day #4 Lisa. Had to get there on a go cart with chains.
I turned it off and pulled the pump. Waiting for my aerator to arrive for the pond. Only three running ponds for the winter. No fretting about any of that. All is well. I do deserve some time off.