Friday, December 15, 2017

The Shortest Bloom Day Of The Year

There has been a severe lack of melt all week. It's like it's winter or something. The official start is a week away. What does this mean for the winter ahead? I'm going to find out that is for sure.

I did manage to scratch two gardens with nice southern exposure off the year end list today. Tomorrow I am going for a third. Other gardens are still buried in snow. The melting this week has been pitiful.




















It's cold out there. This will have to be the shortest Bloom Day of the year ....... unless the snowdrops are late. I do have a big fat bud for Bloom Day. Not that kind, an orchid.




















This orchid has been one of the best ever purchases from the discard rack. The bloom stems have kept growing and reblooming for several years now. I'll have an orchid for Christmas.




















Carol, our Bloom Day hostess at May Dreams Gardens will have many more flower viewing options available if you go visit.

I have snow that won't melt.


3 comments:

Lea said...

I have never tried to grow an orchid. Maybe I should buy one and see if I can keep it alive
Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
and
Merry Christmas!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I usually have an orchid blooming this time of year but not this year. All I have are buds too. It will be nice when they do bloom though. Your winter appears that it will be snowy this year. Happy GBBD.

Anna K said...

I love good finds at the discount rack! Especially when they keep returning, year after year. I have had limited luck with orchids, though. Maybe it's time I try again... Happy Holidays, Lisa!