Thursday, May 17, 2018

In The Jungle

The cataracts are gone. My vision in the first twenty four hours has been ebbing between freakish clarity and blurry. Clarity is slowly gaining dominance. My eyeball was sliced open after all.



















I am supposed to be resting. The current monsoon weather is helping, I don't feel so bad about missing work. It hasn't kept me completely still. In between showers I put on my rubber boots and take a wobbly walk in the baby jungle. Minor editing happens.




















Big bold foliage that will stand out in the growing Lush is rising.




















Nature has provided some of its own bold foliage for the shade.




















In moments of freakish clarity, the ability to discern all the different plant species that constitute the Lush confirms my knowing that I could not abide living with cataracts. They had to go. Now.




















With new eyes for spring I am seeing many of the shrubs I have planted over the years from rooted twigs and sticks bloom well for the first time. The garden part of the wild keeps gaining substance.




















My eyes do get tired being on the computer. That does not happen looking in the jungle for all that lives there.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Good to hear that you are seeing well again. Do take care of yourself. Relax and enjoy your improved view.

Sallysmom said...

Be careful walking out side til your vision clears up some.