Friday, May 18, 2018

In The Wild Garden Next Door

I may not be lounging quite like I am supposed to. Monsoon like rains with work cancelling eyeball surgery is keeping me home, but I can't sit still for long. It is not at all hard to find things to edit in between showers when I wander outside. This is an opportunity to play in my own gardens that I can't pass up.




















I wander and edit. With two more days of lounging coming up, I expect to reach the wild gardens next door.




















There will be a slight change of focus. There isn't so much need for me to remove the thuggish and unwanted anymore. Years of editing have reduced their numbers to below PIA levels.




















I will instead try to focus on making skylights for the planted.




















Bulbarella is 90 years old. She can't tend to the gazillion plants she has planted over the years very effectively anymore.




















It is time for me to expand my planted plants tending range. I have already made my way to her garden door.




















Native or not, the number one thing any plant needs to thrive in the exploding jungle of the wild cultivated gardens is sunlight. Every photon counts. Let there be skylights.

Nature will hide my tracks in the blink of an eye and those skylights that feature the planted and the wanted will make a garden look ever more civilized.




















The lounging part comes with me moving at the slow deliberate pace of a sloth. Did you know your eyesight and sense of balance are intertwined? At least my feet have managed to move up from the basement pretty quickly.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.


3 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Keep on....

Sallysmom said...

Sounds like you have longevity in your family.

Christopher C. NC said...

Will do Lisa.

Yes there is one strand of longevity in the family Sallysmom. Average is low 80's with a maternal grandfather at 103. That biochemistry was passed on to my mom and probably me as well, though my bad habits will nix it for me.