Wednesday, April 28, 2021

I See Trilliums

What you are about to see is the forest floor waking up, a garden planted directly in meadow habitat. There have been two spring freezes this year, each having a light nip on tender new growth. The good news is the big bold foliage department and ferns have held dormancy and escaped the zap. The garden grows on. Overall this has been a gentle spring. So far.

I need to keep moving. I will leave you here to click on a picture for the slide show. People tire of looking at my garden all the time no doubt. I don't. That is what matters. A record of the 'aina for future digital archeologists.






















2 comments:

Gypsy said...

Hi Christopher: I never tire from looking at your garden. I'm envious of your Trilliums and I bet they look even better in person. It is also fun to see a garden that is located a couple of thousand feet higher in the sky and geographically southwest from me. Makes for interesting comparisons. Warm regards, Gypsy

Christopher C. NC said...

Gypsy, hopefully I will have time this weekend to wander into the deep forest where the trilliums live by the thousands and take a few pictures.