Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The Reality of The Tall Flower Meadow

I have to part the meadow with my arms to walk some of the paths right now. There is always a certain amount of floppage involved. That is just how things work with heavy flowerheads.














At some point I will part the meadow with some clippers. Not now. The Downy Skullcap is not too close to a path. It is safe.














Not now. I can walk some paths less often for a spell.














Brown Eyed Susan, a tall annual, and the sad buck whipped Chamaecyparis. It followed me home already wounded. The deer bashing doesn't help. Yet it keeps trying to live. Bonsai.














Now I can enjoy the extra color and abundance of path blocking blooms from above.














There are other paths to follow.














Like Ironweed.


No comments: