Saturday, August 21, 2021

Walking With Joe Pye

What a week. The whole thing can be well summed up in one sentence. My 93 year old mother has fleas. I'm not sure what else about this week I am willing to discuss.














A for real Fred induced flash flood roared down the Pigeon River Tuesday evening from Cruso, through Canton and Clyde and on to Waterville. Along the river there was a lot of damage and 20 to 30 people went missing.














I am thankfully dry and my head is above water walking eye level with Joe Pye.














It is the week of the full moon. Clematis stans is in bloom.














My mother's fleas are my problem.














The bugs are in focus. The flowers are fuzzy.














My mother has fleas and a mama cat with four kittens showed up. Was that the day after Fred? That has caused a certain level of disturbance in the local cattery. Button. Then a big snake showed up on the front steps where four kittens were recently seen.

Like Ironweed.














I bought a new vacuum with powerful suction.














Now I have to make a lot of tidy. Then repeat.














I blame Solly. There were never any fleas until she spent the winter in Florida. A Florida fleabag. I should get a picture and make her do a perp walk. She has turned into a nice cat. 

Fleas. A world of fleas. Fleas need hot. I wanted okra. We are low on both.


2 comments:

C. C. said...

I updated Firefox recently and lost your bookmark so I missed your posts. I'd read about the flooding but somehow missed that Clyde was affected. Glad you're ok! And now Tennessee is suffering. So very sad.

We've been infested with fleas in the past. I blamed the dog park, so we stopped going. It's not fun. Your poor mom, and poor you for having to deal with them (and kittens!) too. Best wishes for a speedy and successful resolution to all.

Your gardens are still gorgeous. Mine are awful. Got beat down by heavy rains in the past week or two, and I'm giving up and shearing all the perennials today. Will I get a new flush of growth? Prob not, with my luck. But at least it will look neater.

Take care.

Christopher C. NC said...

CC the meadows are looking quite nice this year. There haven't been any crushing storms...yet. Right now I have to part things to walk some paths, but that is the usual floppage from heavy bloom heads and I have not been ready to sacrifice anything at this early stage.

Mama and the kittens have taken cover. They have a lot of neighbors out there to consider, but they are still here and sneaking in for food.