Thursday, November 25, 2021

The Holiday Lights Begin

To see it, I just have to be home when it happens and that is not always the case. Sunshine and a day off have to align.














The Japanese Holiday Tree is ready for winter. It has started to glitter. Seven new bling are hooked and ready to hang.














The plan was to chop everything down today and set the Under Garden free.














But the first snow is going to happen in the night and I thought it would be nice to see the dried meadow covered in frosting before it is all gone. The sun may come back before the frosting melts. It's gonna be COLD.














Tomorrow there will be snow and cold.














On a lovely sunshiny Turkey Day, the roadside vegetable garden got tidied instead. The Under Garden got fluffed.














The winter lights were out today and the full blooming Witch Hazel lit up like it was plugged in.














I played with that image.












Not knowing how it would turn out.














Sunshine on glass baubles is an elusive energy to capture.













I try.













The Crooked Shed lit up when the rays finally made it down to the bottom of the driveway. I stirred into motion with the sun and a rising warmish. When it happens, my full sunshine is 10 to 2 ish these days.













Freeze dried seed heads positively glow.














The crack in the world continues to expand. It is made visible in shadows of dim light.














Stone will last longer, longer than me.


2 comments:

beverly said...

Hi Christopher; hope you had a happy Thanksgiving. I hoped to wish you yesterday but struggling with my unfamiliar spatchcocked turkey and I didn't get to it. I am looking forward to seeing your Under Garden soon; it should be worth the wait!

Christopher C. NC said...

Beverly, I had to google a spatchcocked turkey. I did that to a Thelma Sanders Sweet Potato Squash. No snow which was a disappointment. Plenty cold. The day will come. The Under Garden will be out soon. For as much as my conditions stress the conifers and evergreens, they are looking pretty good under there.