Saturday, January 7, 2023

In The Winter Garden

Standing on the front porch in the early morning sun, it was below my minimum operating temperature. There was a good breeze. I was expecting better.














Do my eyes deceive me? Have the Witch Hazels come out? I added another layer and ventured out.  Indeed, the Witches have started to bloom.














The first week of January is a very early start. Winter has not actually happened yet and the snowdrops are rising.














The sun stayed weak and the breeze stayed on blow. Solly ran out to join me.











The Witch hazels are in bloom. I had contemplated tidying the roadside vegetable garden under different expectations. That would now require more layers and it seemed like too much trouble.













A weak sun can be made to do fun things and I was happy enough to wander out and see that. It was warmer inside.


2 comments:

RobinL said...

It does seem far too early, even for snowdrops and witch hazel!

Christopher C. NC said...

This may be the earliest they have ever bloomed, which is too soon.