Sunday, January 1, 2023

A Tropical New Year

I've been hibernating. A good thaw didn't get started until Thursday. Today it was almost 60 degrees. The Niwaki cloud pruning did not get done last winter for some reason. Today was a fine warm day for another training session.

The dogwood and fothergilla are beginning to crowd and shade the uphill side of the Niwaki. They will need to get pushed back. That can wait until spring when I can dig some fothergilla starts to plant somewhere else.














I can't be called a cloud pruning master that is for sure. I can tell the flow is off. I'm probably not brutal enough. I hesitate to remove more whole branches when I am in no hurry. This can take years to ponder. For now, it is done and off the list until next year.














The books are done and closed for the year. In the next round of hibernation, I can start my taxes. When it's warm, I have a tendency to wander outside.


No comments: