Monday, December 6, 2010

And It Kept On Snowing

Morning low, 11 degrees. Today's high, I am guessing around 17. Wind chill, yes there was a strong one. Falling snow, all day and still going. Winter wonderland. I'll let you decide.




















The little electric heater in the cozy cabin does not do so well under these chilly conditions. It was 52 degrees in there. There's not much I can do in there now anyway until some interior lights and back splash panels arrive. Trim work is currently frozen to a halt.




















This would be a good time to choose the kitchen appliances online perhaps and get ready to order them. Delivery will just need to be timed so my sloping driveway isn't covered in six inches of snow.




















The scenic byway is kept clear. The long gravel driveway is another matter.




















An afternoon break in the clouds and still snowing




















Before blizzard like conditions returned with the dark. Wild kitty is out there in a culvert below ground. He talks to me now. He hasn't decided to sleep in the warm nest I set out for him. Dumb cat. I had a hound in a box on the first night.

6 comments:

Siria said...

Just beautiful! A winter wonderland it is!!! I'll bet that wild kitty is eating out of your hand by the end of winter. :)

Lola said...

Great scenery, I adore the second pic. Do hope delivery is not problem with the white beauty. Hoping it will clear for you.
Poor kitty, maybe with this extreme cold it will come closer to you realizing you only mean well.
Had to laugh about the comment at the last about having a hound in a box on your front porch.
Ohhhh do stay warm.

Lola said...

Oppps, forgot to say that I didn't realize the chimney was that close to the scenic byway. Still one of my favorites. Just how far apart are Uncle Ernie & the chimney?

Anonymous said...

I, also never realized the proximity of the chimney to the road. The perils of observing through photographs. The house must have been close to the road.
I am surprised at all your snow and bad weathers. Stay warm.

bev

Darla said...

Good Grief that's some snow! Makes for beautiful scenic photos. Put on some extra socks and a warm hat!

Christopher C. NC said...

Siria this wild kitty is stubborn and I have not seen the long haired one in a while now.

Lola I have to wonder if the Fedex guy will be willing to walk those light boxes to the house. He had a hard enough time backing out of the driveway before it snowed and that is next door not at the cabin where it is much less steep.

The chimney is about 50 yards from Uncle Ernie.

Bev back in the day that road was more like a wagon trail. A lot of the older houses in these valleys are very close to the road.

Darla the morning low is 8 big ones. I see snow on the horizon but it is supposed to be sunnier today.