Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Wee Bit Cold

The door was frozen shut this morning. It rained hard for a good long while and then it got cold real quick. It rimed in the night.



















I managed to get going a bit later than usual. The trim was cut for the last bit of baseboard, ceiling and three more windows, but it was too cold out there to sand and stain it. The trim in the two lofts will finish this process. It should be a touch warmer tomorrow and hopefully the wind won't be a howling.

If the wind is a howling I can work on the hardware for the kitchen cabinets that arrived today. The pulls will go vertically on the tall cabinets.


























The pulls will go horizontally on the shorter cabinets. There are three knobs for the drawer set.

















Thirteen light fixtures and two ceiling fans with lights were ordered online today from Lamps Plus.com. They said they would be here in seven to ten days. I could have all the lights installed before Christmas. The indoor ones anyway. The five outdoor lights in this order will have to be installed during appropriate weathers and there are no guarantees with that.




















Frozen wires and frozen fingers are not a good combo. The thermoplastic kitchen counter back splash will be arriving about then too. That process will make a fine foul weathers project.




















If it wasn't for the wind, being outside could be delightful.

5 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! I was wondering how you had fared that bad weather. I know the wind can be wicked up there! Your kitchen hardware is really nice ~ I love the clean lines you have picked. Simple and elegant. You are really moving right along. If you ever run out of things to do, I have a huge "honey-do-list" at my house! :)

Your pictures are gorgeous!
Have a great week!

Eliza said...

My daughter and I spent the day outside in Paris Mountain State Park (in SC) today. It's not as cold as where you are but I certainly can't imagine installing fixtures with the chill and wind we had... much less with your icier views!

Randy Emmitt said...

Christopher,

Pretty cold no question. The icy trees look seriously like winter.
Here we were ahead of your front, it was 55 degrees this morning went into the 40s this afternoon. In the morning we'll have 26- 28 degrees.

Lola said...

Your hardware is really nice. I like.
Gorgeous pics. The mtns look pretty when iced like that.
I can imagine the wind at your place. It was not pleasant here. Would have been warmer without it.I did manage {with help} to get the plants covered.
Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

I love those cabinet pulls; very elegant as Siria says. Stay warm!

bev