Sunday, December 12, 2010

Before The Real Snow Storm Arrives

Good Morning.

I woke to three inches of heavy wet snow encasing my world. The real snowfall with this storm is not set to arrive until later this afternoon in a burst of wicked winds




















When the temperature will plummet





















Making this wet snow stiffen in to solid blocks





















I say a little prayer to the powers that be, that the power will stay on and spare me a great deal of misery.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you stocked up on kittie food and baked goods?
Sallysmom

Randy Emmitt said...

If it gets bad you will be wishing you knew how to make them baked goodies. Hope the weather lets up for you.

Christopher C. NC said...

I am very well stocked with extra baked goods and could last a week no problem. If it gets bad I would need to know how to make baked goods in a fireplace. Perhaps I need to add a outdoor wood oven to my do to list.

Lola said...

Simply fantastic pics. I know it's not very hospitable. But we do find ways to coexist.
I pray the power stays on for you. I see you could last a week ok. Maybe a camp fire. lol
Hope the kitties are ok & will have plenty of eats.
Stay warm.

Anonymous said...

A wood-fired oven sounds wonderful. You could bake bread and make your own pizzas. Much better than trying to make hoe cakes or tortillas in a fireplace without burning off your eyebrows. We're supposed to get flurries here in Richmond but it's too wet for anything to stick. Love your pictures.

Anonymous said...

Well just in case your power goes here's saying good luck and stay warm with the kitties!

bev

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! Your pictures (and words) are fabulous. Stay warm and I will pray that your power stays on!

Les said...

Beautiful shots!