Monday, December 13, 2010

Mercy

I have no idea how much it snowed. It is blowing too much to pile up in an orderly and measurable fashion. It snowed a lot.


























Let's just say that there is no longer a gravel driveway. It is now a two hundred foot long snow drift from two to three feet deep. I'm gonna have to shovel that thing.


























Just walking down to the cozy cabin through that deep snow was a bit challenging. But I do it. Otherwise I might go stir crazy. Today I worked on light fixtures.




















The wall sconces are up and the kitchen ceiling light. I even cut a bunch of small trim pieces that will cover a gap between the trim at the top of the wall and the tongue and groove wood ceiling. Then I read about wiring the smoke detectors and had a nap while it kept on blowing and snowing.




















Mercy. This is going to be another winter for the record books.




















I will need to give some serious thought to what I am going to do with myself - income producing - in future winters when the cabin is finished being built and it is major wicked outside.

6 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your snow looks pretty. I wouldln't want to deal with a snow drift that tall and long. We had our first accumulation of snow last night. Brrrr it is pretty but cold.

Lola said...

Mercy, that is a lot of the white stuff. It does make for rough walking. At this point I don't think it would be much fun to build a snowman. lol
That would be a lot of shoveling. Do be careful if you decide so.
The trim sure looks good. Love that lighting. Sure looks like home to me.
Love the pic of the chimney in past post. I always like to see it.
Naps in that situation sure feels good.
Stay warm.

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! Do your neighbors that cut down the trees happen to have a tractor that can plow your driveway? Maybe some bartering is in order with one of your neighbors... I can't imagine shoveling all that snow, but I remember you did it last year.

Jim/ArtofGardening said...

Just keep posting so we know your alive, and not frozen to death alone out in the woods. If you don't post after two days, we'll send a search party out for you.

Tom - 7th Street Cottage said...

Hibernate.

Anonymous said...

LOVE how cozy the cabin really looks with the wall color, matching sofa and art! Especially given the outside weather!

Have you thought of writing in the winter? You are so good at it. Monetizing that is difficult but probably not impossible? Or, a future career as a carpenter now you have such experience! (:

bev