Friday, December 10, 2010

Let There Be Light

Fixtures

That wall sconce is kind of fancy. Maybe too fancy. I seem to have champagne tastes in the land of moonshine. I'll get used to it. Every new addition has caused a moment of, "Is that what I wanted?"




















The first two light fixtures were wired up while I waited for the next batch of sanded and stained trim to dry a bit before moving it inside to dry some more. Despite the snow covered ground it was pretty pleasant out there. No wind and possibly in the forty degree range. I never checked the thermometer outside. We did have meltage.




















I don't think there will be full meltage before the arrival of the next diagnosed snows though. There is quite a bit of snow diagnosed for the week ahead. It's gonna pile up. The diagnosed highs are on the pitiful side. And it's only December.

I will be able to very very slowly, meticulously and carefully install the Fasade thermoplastic back splash panels in the kitchen so it looks perfect. Then all the outlet cover plates will get a matching brushed nickel stick on covering. This is supposed to be a very easy, takes no time at all DIY project. There's no rush. I can stretch this project out to be sure it looks good.




















An enduring snow covered world of white looks to be my fate again this winter.




















Maybe Santa will bring me a sled for Christmas and I won't have to trudge down my driveway all winter.




















There is no plan to shovel it that's for sure.

6 comments:

Lola said...

The lighting looks fine. It will all come together when finished & will have the look that you were looking for.
I saw the thermoplastic on TV on one of those to do shows. I thought it was neat & it was the same day you had mentioned it. I think it's neat. May think about putting it on my back splash.
Do you think a 4 wheel would do the trick? Anything to make it easier to get in & out. Not, on walking if possible.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I don't see anything too fancy here. I think it is coming together just fine. The nickel plating on the light fixtures will combine with the backsplash just wonderfully. That backsplash will be great. I know you can do it perfectly. Try to stay warm.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I think it will be fine too. I just get weird with every new thing added, adjusting to the change. The last thing I want to afford now is a new truck. Walking down the drive is fine.

Not too fancy Lisa. Good. Once the other three sconces are up and the room is furnished they will just blend in. I like the back splash, at least before I have glued it to the wall.

Anonymous said...

Looks like Santa could bring you a plow blade for your truck and some chains! Or a nice neighbor!
But a sled is cheaper and would be fun!
I, too like all the fixtures and backsplash. You have impeccable taste.

bev

Lola said...

A 4 wheeler!!! I hear they are nice for getting around. I rode my son's & found it rather exhilarating. Only need some kind of coverage for it. Just some of my wild thoughts.
Stay warm.

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! I love your light fixtures and can't wait to see the other ones installed. Stay warm and out of that bad weather. Maybe Santa will bring you a snow blower. :)