Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Melting

If I am honest with myself the deep snow and constant subfreezing cold is a heavy burden that weighs me down a bit. It might be a source of some mild depression. It makes getting around more of a chore. The house has to be closely monitored to make sure its vital functions continue. Some processes have to be put on hold until better operating temperatures are present. It is like life is getting bogged down.

This latest front ushered in some warmer weather and plenty of rain. A substantial melt is underway. My mood as if by magic lifted considerably.




















It's not as if winter has been canceled and I can leap with joy. There is plenty snow to melt and it could well turn back to snow before the night is out.




















At least a dent is being made in the pile up of snow.




















Inside the cabin installing the lighting continues. This little goose neck adjustable light will be over the bed. Another just like it will be in the mini loft, but first I need to cut and install the final beam in the peak of the ceiling that will also hold the main ceiling fan. I need the weather to cooperate for that. Once I am sure the outlet box in the loft is adequate, the smaller ceiling fan in there can be installed.

The smoke detectors were also installed today. The exterior lights will have to wait until the weathers turn nice and the snow and slush is gone.




















The glass bottle edging of the new cabin side bed is reemerging.


























Baby shrubberies are once again seeing the light of day.




















I can't do anything about the weather or about the winter. It is good though to acknowledge what effects it seems to be having.




















The best antidote for me is to keep moving and to keep seeing the beauty in the frozen world around me.

5 comments:

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! I was getting worried last night when you didn't post that you had lost power. I'm glad to see the snow is starting to melt some. Love your photos!

Christopher C. NC said...

Siria I was feeling very unmotivated yesterday.

Lola said...

So glad that some of the white stuff has melted. It seems that old man Winter has been playing with us. We sure don't need any more of this kind of weather.
I too was beginning to worry. I do understand how the weather can affect a persons feelings.
Take care & stay warm.

Anonymous said...

I can see how coming from an environment like Hawaii would produce this reaction to cold and snow. But when you get established you'll find something garden related to putter around with in winter (ahem, perhaps a small greenhouse?) or other ways to keep busy. Right now, your cabin looks perfectly lovely, inside and out!

bev

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have a touch of seasonal affective disorder and need to make sure that you get a lots of sun, no matter how cold, when it is shining. It is also supposed to help if you rise and set with the sun.

I know I always have more energy in spring and summer.

Always the nurse,
Robin