Sunday, December 12, 2010

While The Snow Flies

I have to go out there to get where I need to go.





















The road is plowed, but there is no point at all in shoveling a long gravel driveway when the real snow has yet to arrive. I can walk through the snow just fine.




















Traffic on the scenic byway has been very light and very slow moving today.




















Finished trim can be attached while the snow flies.




















Three more windows done.




















Grab bars installed for safety and my future decrepitude.




















One half circle window in the mini loft and the two small fixed glass windows in the main loft to go to have all the window trim complete. That curved piece of trim has been ordered. The inside trim around the loft opening has begun.




















The wind has arrived. The temperature has dropped to 12 degrees so far.




















Will tomorrow be hanging lights or working on the kitchen back splash. I'll see what I am in the mood for tomorrow while the snow flies sideways.

I can just walk where I need to go. There is no sense in shoveling a long gravel driveway when the cozy cabin is as far as I need to go while the snow flies.

5 comments:

Lola said...

Uncle Ernie sure looks content even tho he looks cold.
No, no need to shovel if more is coming. I use to love to walk in snow.
Plenty of inside chores to keep you busy as the snow flies side ways. It sure is getting exciting to see the very finished Cozy Cabin. All looks so good as of now.
Stay warm.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola, all that work over three years and it is the final layer, the last cosmetic touches that are making the cabin a home. So very close now.

Trust me I am not shoveling until I have to.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lola; it almost seems strange to see the inside of the cozy cabin looking so finished! You must be ecstatic! Just a little ways left now to get over the hump. Be safe alone in the snow now; no slips/falls!

bev

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Your CC is looking marvelous. Hang on when you go out there. The wind is fierce here I can only imagine what it is at the top of a mountain.

Siria said...

Hi Christopher!
Those pictures show the beauty of your mountain, even in treacherous weather! I can see the wind whipping in those photos. Your cabin is looking so beautiful. I love the blue room in the sky! Stay warm and I pray your power holds out.