Thursday, December 2, 2010

Zero Warmth

The sun did not make much of an appearance today. It did not get above freezing. A slight breeze, better than a wind, added to the lack of warm. I just couldn't manage to get out there to sand and stain trim boards. The diagnosis for the week is lacking any hint of warmth and promising snow. The cold is settling in.

Three windows got cleaned and some touch up stain prior to the trim being added and the kitchen cabinets got their hardware.




















A couple more paintings were hung. My desk and communication center will be below these baby gators. By the time I call for the final inspection it will look like I have moved in. I'll have to be prepared for that question.





















Rain Dance, by Karl Hensel, on a warm tropical swimming pool in the green room.




















Then it was time for a nap.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The hardware looks great on those new cabinets. Yes, it is coming right along. Those first few sentences could have described our weather today. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr Keep warm.

Siria said...

BRRRR is right! Working inside with your heat on is the place to be working. Your kitchen looks beautiful and I love your art! Your cozy cabin is being transformed into a "home"!

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I can't wait now for the Ripple patterned brushed nickel back splash to arrive. I'm having more trouble adjusting to cold this year I think. Maybe my long underwear has lost is nap.

Siria I have not seen my art in over three years. It's nice to have some of it out again. It really is turning into a home rather quickly now. The cold may slow a few things though.

Lola said...

A lovely home it will be. It sure is beginning to look that way already. I really like the hardware on the kitchen cabinets. Your art is so pretty.
Do stay warm.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lola I am trying to stay warm. I added another pair of socks and a second sweat shirt over the two t-shirts.

Lola said...

Hahahahahahahahaha I'm surprised you can move with all that clothing. Necessary tho.
I'm sitting here in short sleeves. lol

Anonymous said...

LOVE the 'green room' and the effect created by the glass block. Wow!

bev

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you managed to live 3 years without your pictures but it must have been a good motivator. Everything is beautiful.
Cindi