Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Christmas In March For Bloom Day

My Sugar Mama arrived bearing gifts. The start of an antiquey metal birdbath collection for some place in the garden to be. Two or three more will be plenty.



An Amish table with an Asian sort of twist and a glass art piece that flows with the colors of the cozy cabin.



A little shopping with some added birthday money found a computer desk and accessories where some real writing could happen in future winter entrapments. It will be a computer with a view. A real home is taking shape.



Outside on Bulbhilla more rain and not snow is waking the daffodils to bloom just in time for Bloom Day.



This should be 'Jetfire'. The real early bloomers have arrived.



This could be 'February Gold'.



The forest remains mostly bare and brown.



But thick green clumps of daffodils continue to push to the surface.



The thousands and thousands of minor bulbs like Puschkinia scilliodes var libanotica gear up for the Bulbapaloozathon. It has officially begun.



The crocus, patient as ever save themselves for sunny days.



Inside and out a new world comes into blooms. For more flowers and less furniture be sure to visit out lovely hostess Carol at May Dreams Gardens.

9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It looks like you had a grand birthday. I like your writing nook. Tucked between two windows. I am sure we will hear wonderful stories about the garden to be and surrounds. Happy GBBD. It feels so good to have some blooms to talk about.

Lola said...

I adore your computer nook. So nice to look out on things as you write.
That Bulbhilla looks divine. Awakening at just the right time to lift spirits to all heights of enjoyment.
Great gifts.

Siria said...

Hi Christopher! I love your new bird baths and the new furniture. So glad you had a great birthday! Here's to another great year!

Wondering Woman said...

Love the glass art..... is it a little pocketbook? So pretty.

Christopher C. NC said...

queerbychoice (http://queerbychoice.livejournal.com/) has left a new comment on your post "Christmas In March For Bloom Day":

The cabin appears to be making excellent progress! Nice flowers, too.


Seems to be a comment drop last night.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I think I will much enjoy the computer with a view and one day lots of blooms to see from that spot.

Lola bulb season is here for sure. My snowflakes from you next door are up.

Siria all the new furnishings and garden art are most delightful.

Wondering Women it is a coin purse of sorts though I see it as a gorgeous flower vase.

Dee @ Red Dirt Ramblings said...

I love that table. Oh la la. Glad you had a good birthday. Happy Bloom Day Christopher.~~Dee

HolleyGarden said...

I came here by way of GBBD. Since I used to live outside Clyde, I had to come see your blog! Your daffodils are beautiful. I miss those beautiful mountains. I will visit again.

Sunshine said...

I love the furniture that you chose, the desk is perfect.