Thursday, August 22, 2013

The First Mum

An unknown yellow mum that followed me a home a couple years ago is the first mum to bloom. I took divisions of it last fall to spread around. Only two of them took and those two not very well. Lesson. Don't divide mums in the fall. Do it in the spring.





















I have plenty of yellow. I have plenty of white. The tall flower meadow will soon be awash in yellow and white. This is what my editing has done. It is quite lovely, but it needs more purple and blues. There are plenty of Blue Wood Asters to come, but the yellow and white will have faded by then. I want more purple and blue for this wave of bloom.





















The seed factory in my client's garden is going to be donating sacks of Verbena bonariensis and echinacea seed to this effort. The tall flower meadow will always be changing..

3 comments:

Lola said...

I agree. More purple, blue or some other color to mingle with the yellow & white.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It all looks pretty. My garden would have mum blooms by now if we had had any rain this month. The driest August in 30 years. Sigh...

Sallysmom said...

So what plants would be blue and purple that would bloom right now?