Friday, August 23, 2013

The Tall Flower Meadow Is Turning

I wait all year for this. Of course I wait all year for each phase of the season of vegetation. I do have a particular fondness for late summer into fall though. The asters, goldenrods and all the kin of the Eutrochium put on quite the show. Then the forest does its thing. It is a bonanza of color the tropicals of Maui could only hint at. It's just getting started.





















The red pole meadow will be turning to. It has more asters and less goldenrod. I yanked most of the tallest species of goldenrod from this section. In time I want to edit the goldenrod so it weaves through the meadows like the intended stroke of a paint brush. Crazy I know. Crazy I am.





















This garden and my no budget methods are not for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

Lola said...

You are NOT crazy. You have a vision of how you want your wild garden to be & that is to be commendable.