Sunday, March 6, 2011

Snowprise

While it was pouring rain elsewhere, it was dumping snow on me. Sometime in the night it transitioned, way ahead of schedule.



I thought it might warm up and turn back to rain. The thermometer said 32 degrees when I woke up to the snowprise.



But it just kept pouring snow, piling up rather quickly.



No painting today. I played house instead. Unpacking dishes and kitchen stuff and putting it in the cabinets. Thanks sis. Tidying and organizing, making it look more home like and less construction zone like.



The pouring snow let up, but it never stopped. It changed to frozen snodrizzle.



And to think I had been sorely tempted to plant my first greens, snow peas and taters. The strawberries, at least did get compost and chicken poo before being reburied.



Wud's going to happen to the WUD?



I imagine everything will be just fine this go round. It's not diagnosed to get mega cold. Cool and rain looks to be on the near agenda.



This snow may not make it through the day tomorrow.



Just how a proper southern winter should be.



And we will quickly return to our regular spring programming after this brief winter message.

10 comments:

Les said...

Well that has to be a little discouraging.

Anonymous said...

Snow pics are great! But housekeeping is probably even better.
Sallysmom

Lola said...

Snowprise for sure. It looks pretty but can cause an upset. Poor Uncle Ernie looks dejected. He too wishes it would soon get warm & stay that way. Hopefully it won't stay around long.
Good for the housekeeping. At least it's done.

Lola said...

I thought about your WUD. I think I may have you beat on that one. Mine is UGLY. No cup or petals, just one big blob of a bloom.

Anonymous said...

Just a little break in the regular programming. It was beautiful though. Just rain here, nearly 5 inches. I can see how that would translate to a whole lotta snow.
Frances

Siria said...

The weather up there never ceases to amaze me! I hope it didn't do any damage....

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The snowprise is beautiful. I like those wet spring snows. I hope all your bulbs are ok. It would be a shame to wait so long for them and then kaput, mush. I bet you are getting excited to move in what with all your organizing. It won't be long now.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, dishes! This is getting serious.

bev

Christopher C. NC said...

Les I would have been more discouraged if it stayed warm and didn't snow. It can easily snow several more times.

Sallysmom house keeping is better than house cleaning.

Lola Uncle Ernie was having a bad hair day. A big mottled colored blob is what the WUD did look like before. It may be a temperature issue during bud formation.

Frances 5 inches of rain may be on the agenda for mid week. Or more snow.

Siria some huge boulders came down on the scenic byway. That road is taking a beating.

Bev, dishes, towels and more art on the walls.

chuck b. said...

MMMMMM!!!