Saturday, March 12, 2011

Up Top

With company visiting the mountain this week, a little sight seeing is bound to occur. Max Patch, the Great Lawn of Madison County, is a close choice, easy hike and excellent payoff with the 360 view from the top of the world.



The sunny sixty degree day promised some quick meltage of yesterday's snow. We should be able to get up there and we did.



To see as far as the eye could see and where the blizzard wind that delivered it, blew most of the snow.



Back home in the late afternoon, the crocus were freed once again. Even blooming a bit in the sun.



There has been some petal meltage from the on again off again cold, wind and snow.



And some that are perfectly fine.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Was all this company there to celebrate your birthday? I hope you have a happy one.

Anonymous said...

So, is Lisa right---birthday wishes are in order?
By the way, I love those pics of the Bald. I would love to see it myself some day soon.
Sallysmom

Siria said...

I love to go to Max Patch! One of my favorites. Did you stop by Ferguson's and pick up some fried chicken to picnic at the top?

Have a great birthday week and enjoy your company. I always remember when your birthday is as it's the same day as mine. :)

chuck b. said...

Winter is over, according to the Croci. The Croci have spoken.