Thursday, January 29, 2015

On And Off

They have been refusing to go outside, such delicate little creatures. That would be fine except for the fifteen minute spurt of uncontrolled energy when they start bouncing off the walls. It is better when that gets dissipated out there.

Well it was sunny and warmish this afternoon. I encouraged them to risk it. Very carefully following in my foot prints so as not to get their paws too deep in the snow, they ventured off the porch.



















Jumping from rock to rock was another solution.





















A couple of some what sunny days will end with more snow tonight. There will be a short break on Saturday and then right back to snow again on Sunday. There won't be much of a chance for a full melt in between.

'Jelena' continues to bloom on and off as the sunny days permit. I have been quite impressed with the Witch hazels staying power.





















'Diane' is bit by bit, one sunny day at a time, getting closer to full bloom.



























On the snow off days I head to town and try to get a little work done. Depending on location and elevation, there are gardens with no snow in them at all.





















Things are different on my side of the county closer to the Tennessee border snow belt.





















'Arnold's Promise' waits, loaded with buds.






















When the sun is on and the snow is off, 'Jelena' blooms in the barren time.


5 comments:

Lola said...

The witch hazels are pretty against the snow.

Lola said...

Those poor kitties,

Unknown said...

I agree with Lola..... Jelena and Diane are pretty yet tough witchhazels! Your feline brigade is brave in the snow.

Sallysmom said...

The cats using the rocks to get around reminded me of my sweet Mayling. My husband put rocks so she could get out to her favorite spot to sun. Boy, he had her spoiled ;)

Christopher C. NC said...

I'm loving the Witch Hazels.

Poor kitties my hiney. They are completely spoiled and have me very well trained.