Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Deep Cold Art Project

I woke up to -5. I got busy at 0.





















The sun was out. The wind was calm. Removing the balloon casing was easy once I started using a dinner knife. It was certainly more entertaining than doing taxes.





















The Deep Cold Art Project should last through Sunday.









































































Uncle Ernie had to lay some eggs.













































Most went to the chimney.


































































































Sometimes art is better in theory than practice. But this isn't too bad, a way to keep busy on a frigid day. It does look better in person.





















Frozen procrastination





















Made visible to the travelers passing by.


9 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

I hate it when we are bored.

Christopher C. NC said...

Me too Jean. That is why I end up doing some rather spontaneous, impractical and useless things.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I love Uncle Ernie's eggs. I think lots of red and yellow around the fireplace looks like fire. Wonderful.

Unknown said...

Amazing.....looks like Easter Eggs in the snow! Love them up there around your chimney......I remember walking up there June 21st....it looked so
different, all green and lush.

Les said...

Perhaps it should be Aunt Ernestine now.

Christopher C. NC said...

Lisa I couldn't ignore Uncle Ernie with all the eggs I made.

Dana the difference between the Lush and the Barren Time is very dramatic.

Les we can just say Uncle Ernie is from a cassowary lineage.

Sallysmom said...

Wow, I love it. I wish I had thought of that before we had our freeze.

Dig, Grow, Compost, Blog said...

So I can't quite tell how you made those, Christopher. How is there a color inside the ice after the balloon bursts? BTW, I love them!

Christopher C. NC said...

It's only the first week of January Sallysmom. You may get another chance before winter is over.

Jean I put a squirt of food coloring in the empty balloon before I fill them with water.