Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Inn At Tranquility Farm

I heard today the ribbon cutting ceremonials are on the 23rd after the wedding next Saturday. My new gardens are ready. They are looking good. Since I started with nothing but grass and a row of daylilies, even half empty beds waiting on growth are in the ready stage.

I still need to plant more perennials in some places. I put in about eight trays of them last week along with some additional shrubberies.





















This is half of the front veranda with the awesome mountain view.





















Here is the other half. Except for the two dwarf blue spruce trees on each end, everything planted in these beds will stay short. Most of the plants won't go higher than the stone facing. The butterfly bushes will get higher, maybe to the top railing, but that makes for better butterfly viewing.



























The wedding gazebo and patio were completed and the beds were reconfigured around it.





















They still need perennial flowers. I may get to that before the wedding. I won't say they will be blooming. I have to look at the long term flower production of the gardens. That means choosing the right plants, not the ones that might be blooming right now.





















The new garden is ready now. Imagine how much more ready it will be next June.





















I am quite curious to see how much wear and tear the gardens will suffer as an event venue. B&B won't be an issue I certainly hope.





















Is the gardener going to be scheduled at a set day and time no matter so that it can be relied upon and full notice given to guests?  I've never been the gardener at a fancy Inn before. There must be some proper protocol for such things.

My paver pathways need more grass seed.





















They better not be throwing money in to Twin Falls Pond - unless it is bills that float into the skimmer. I'd be happy to dry those out.





















Miranda you will have to keep an eye on things when I'm not there.


4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Looks like the garden is ready and waiting for action.

Lola said...

Oh to have that as a memory.

beverly said...

I volunteer at a public garden which also has weddings and there is constant discussion between the gardener and the event staff about the plants - what colors (will it go with the bridesmaid dresses?), why there can't be something blooming April-November right next to the wedding deck, trampling, light cords, etc. We regularly find beer bottles and wine glasses in the bushes, but fortunately not much trampling.

Christopher C. NC said...

It's ready for action Lisa. This wedding will be event #2.

Memories are available for booking now Lola.

It will be a learning experience Bev. Hopefully pleasant. The view from the wedding pavilion should make up for any flower color troubles or lack there of. It will have to since there are no beds to speak of directly next to it.