Sunday, June 28, 2015

Daylilies

Depending upon how you look at it I am either abusing or taking full advatage of this period of unfortunate transportation troubles. I have been decompressing mentally and physically. I haven't been working so manically and barely even thinking about work or the truck. It will be ready when it is ready.

I walk through the garden now and my editing is only half hearted. Part of that is because I did such a thorough job in my manic phase. The garden doesn't need that much weeding. At a certain point it is best to stop anyway and let the meadow be.





















I can just enjoy the garden now and marvel at the giant Joe Pye that has showed up. It is a good ten feet tall. Twice the height of all the others. I wonder if it is from the seed I collected from the biggest Joe Pye I have ever seen? 

I toss all kinds of seeds out there. What happens is not up to me.



























Pretty bug.





















The daylilies are here. Bulbarella buys them from the catalogs. There are hundreds across the full daylily color spectrum. We went around and admired them today. Oh, I love that yellow one with the ruffled petals. Look at that pink one. It's big enough to divide.





















There is just one problem she says. I am running out of places to put them.





















No problem. We'll just let Sister #2 keep going with the chain saw. When she clears out the back forty and gets some sun in there you can plant some daylilies back there.



























Really?

Yes. There will be enough room for some daylilies and new rows for turnips and taters and raspberries and asparagus beds and....



























Sister #2 needs to get busy. We have daylilies to divide. I'm busy decompressing.





















Not now though. Later when they are finished blooming. It might be wise to mark the ones you want to spread around while they are in bloom. Once they are finished, there is no way of knowing who's who.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Daylilies are so diverse in color and form. You gotta find one you like. I like those ruffled edges too.

Lola said...

I wish I knew the names of the ones I have. Love the ruffle edged too.