Thursday, October 5, 2017

Must I?

Must I? The world is getting so very heavy.





















I could stay right here, high on the low spot, with my asters.





















The Blue Wood Asters are having a very good year despite the current patch of dry.




















Plenty white asters too.





















But I must go. The bill treadmill is unrelenting, a bottomless pit.





















Heavy, surrounded by lightness.





















I sat on the porch last night and listened to the earth sing in a loud melodious chorus of unseen bugs in the last warm of the season. Katydids and crickets for sure. Some unfamiliar voice was heard. The resident owl chimed in.

Must I? All is as it should be right here. The earth is happy. It told me so.





















My garden does not need me. I tend those that do. I will go. Without me, the garden is doing surrealism of the Goth Period. The earth sings its approval.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It is quite beautiful. I hope you get some much needed rest.

C. C. said...

I was in Blowing Rock this weekend. The blue wood asters were everywhere. What a pretty plant. Need to get some of them. We were happy to get the rain here in the Piedmont after 3+ weeks of dry.