Saturday, October 21, 2017

Not Yet

There is already a very good start on barren, but the forest is still mostly green. I blame it on the mini-drought and hurricane winds.




















I expect the color to arrive shortly. On our mountain at least, it looks to be on the thin side. But there are still green, fully lush mountains everywhere I go. Fall will come.




















See out yonder through the utility window are tree covered mountains galore.



















The actual experience of it is more down to earth in a fading Tall Flower Meadow.




















There is one more day of delightful weather before rain and cold arrive. I will be enjoying it quietly at home, perhaps even sitting a spell on the basement patio to watch autumn arrive.




















This little salvia reappeared in full bloom from beneath a giant Joe Pye. Many things are reappearing as the meadow fades away.




















Not a bad view from the basement patio. I can see plenty trees.




















I'm not quite ready to cut down the dried carcass of Joe Pye. Structure and texture are part of a good garden tableau. Plus I can hide behind it from the scenic byway as I adjust to the rubberneckers being able to slow down and peer in as the forest trees begin to thin.




















Not yet. It's getting there. Autumn will be declared this coming week for sure.


1 comment:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I would leave up the joe pye too. I don't like to be watched from the byway.
Enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.