Saturday, February 20, 2021

After Ice

I picked up sticks. Yesterday at 32 degrees under cloudy skies with misting snow and no wind, it was quite pleasant. I got my garden picked up.













Today at 42 degrees with clear blue skies and a steady breeze, it was not quite so pleasant. The wind chilly feature of my temperature operating apparatus may be fading. I got the ridge top garden next door picked up. Surprisingly there was very little deadfall over there in a garden twice the size.














It was too wind chilly and I did not manage to get in some more chop and drop despite the sun and warmer degrees. Another day will come.














Now I have a great big hairball of sticks to burn before the crocus ring around the pit begins to bloom. They are just now breaking ground. I considered having a fire, but it was too wind chilly. Another day will come. I saw daffodils in all that bending and stooping. They may be a little later than usual, but the bulbs are on their way.


2 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I see that the moss is bright green. Love seeing the different mosses green up this time of year.

Gypsy said...

Good morning Christopher: Another sunny day albeit on the chilly side. No matter as gardeners put on layers and venture out to do our thing. Yesterday while walking along my garden paths my eye spied emerging crocus. Such a small sign of what's to come can bring such delight. Looking forward to the upcoming warm spell (all being relative). Hope you get to enjoy another beautiful sunny day. Gypsy